Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Play Day

The girls came over for a play day on Friday.  Shortly after they got here, Avery said, "Grammy, you got any dresses?"  I knew exactly what she had in mind -- last weekend she had followed  me into my closet to hang up some laundry and one of my dresses caught her eye.  It's burgandy and PINK and has some beading on it.  She ran her hands over that dress and said, "This is sure a beautiful dress, Grammy."  So I got that dress out of my closet and we put it on her -- used some ribbon to make it fit and she was one happy little lady!  Then I got out some of Grandma Schmidt's old jewelry and we had some fun. 
 Never too young to start this dress-up stuff, so Kins is joining the party, too...
 And after she was all dolled up, then it was time to play...frog ball!
On Saturday, we bought Avery  the Fisher-Price nativity set.  When they came over for dinner on Saturday evening, I sat down with her and read the story of Jesus' birth from her story Bible.  We read the story about 3 times and she placed all the figures in her nativity set as we went through the story.  A little later she was playing by herself.  She set up the nativity scene, then opened her little story Bible -- but she couldn't find the page we were on, so she just went with what she saw.  Pretty soon she came into the kitchen with her Bible and with a voice of authority, pointing her finger, she said, "Grammy, the Bible say 'deez.guys.gotta.have.der.feets.stuck.in.the.wood!'"
After a little chuckle, Pops told her the real story...


 I agree with Nancy, 3-years-old is fun! 
Kins has found the window - oh, she's growing up too fast!


No comments: