Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fighter Verse 1:7

This is week #7 -- but don't be fooled... if you're with me, you've memorized 13 verses in the last 6 weeks!  Here's this week's challenge:
"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.  On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.  [Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.]"  Psalm 62:5-7[8]
Okay, so here's what the rules say about the brackets:  "Some verses include part of the text in [brackets].  You can think of these portions of the verse as "extra credit."  Those who are using the Fighter Verse program in their church may opt to focus on the non-bracketed text as a corporate body, but allow those who wish to memorize the rest of the text to do so if desired."   So there you have it!  You can memorize the portion in the brackets if you desire! 

No comments: