Monday, August 23, 2010

A New Project

Can you take a guess?

Yep -- gonna make a princess dress for the Aves -- a "bwuu" princess dress!  Blue is the color of choice these days -- so I better hurry before it changes.
School officially starts for my man next week -- but he has an all-day workshop this Thursday for an exam he needs to pass on Friday (pray for him!).  So naturally he will stay night with the kids down south and not drive back and forth.  Can I just say that it KILLS me that he gets to go see Avery and I don't?  Oh, I can't stand it!
I went to work this morning and examined my vacation bank and immediately declared that I could afford to take the day off on Thursday and go with him (it's my Friday off) -- only to discover that I have a very important meeting that I need to be at work for on Thursday.  Such a BUMMER!!  It's taking everything I have not to pout -- not sure I'm pulling it off very well.  Of course, it doesn't help that he's rather enjoying the fact that he gets to go and I don't -- and he's taking every opportunity to remind me of the fact.  And then this evening he has the nerve to say, "Do you think you could have that princess dress finished for me to give Avery when I go down?"  If his sense of humor wasn't one of the things I love most about him I'd probably get mad -- but he makes me laugh.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww, that's a HUGE BUMMER!! Hmmm...should I be praying for a meeting to be post-poned or cancelled? You might get the dress finished just in case....

Katie said...

Colette, 2 things:

1. LOVE that banner project you pointed me to. That is so completely right up my alley. Thanks!

2. "Treasuring God in our Traditions" is on my must read list. Glad to hear that you think it's good. I'll have to get that one ASAP!