Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goodbye, Grammy Juice!

Dear Gatorade:  I'm very disappointed that you've replaced the old recipe of Propel with Propel Zero, using artificial sweetener.  My granddaughter loves Propel -- she calls it ''Grammy Juice'' -- and we sure do miss it! (I won't give her artificial sweetener.)

Dear Colette:  Thanks for letting us know that your grandbabies love Propel. As you're aware, we recently reformulated all flavors and sizes of Propel to Propel Zero. I understand this is a disappointment to you, and I'll let our marketing team know you'd like us to continue to offer the original variety (of Gammy Juice).
Propel was originally launched as a flavored fitness beverage that provided hydration, essential vitamins and some carbohydrates for energy. Recent research with Propel users indicated that their preference had shifted to zero calorie flavored beverages and so Propel was reformulated to eliminate the carbohydrates. Propel's formula still contains the same sucralose and acesulfame potassium sweeteners that were in the original formula, but the sugar was removed to bring our consumers the same taste without calories.
Finally, Colette, please know that we care about and appreciate your feedback because our intention has always been to produce a Propel beverage that our consumers enjoy.
Geri
Gatorade Consumer Relations
A Division of PepsiCo
Ref# 027622897A

Well, don't I feel stupid -- feeding my baby those awful sucralose and acesulfame potassium sweeteners all this time without even realizing it! 
Sorry, Aves - Grammy tried.  Looks like we're going to have to find a new kind of "Grammy Juice".

1 comment:

Jen said...

My favorite Gatorade alternative is Recharge because it doesn't have any sugar or artificial sweeteners--it is sweetened with juice. The down side is that I've only found it at Lassens and it is a little pricey... but it's still what we get when we're sick and needing the electrolytes.

My go-to juice drink for my kids (and me) is currently V-8 Fusion, which is 100% fruit and vegetables.

Just my 2 cents. :)