Friday, December 31, 2010

Table Runner for Pennies on the Dollar!

During a recent shopping trip to Valencia, my friends and I saw this table runner at Pottery Barn - priced at $39 to $49.  My mind immediately thought, "You can make that," and when I saw Lisa pick it up, my mouth said, "Lisa, we can make that."  Well, Lisa doesn't sew so she was hesitant to put it back, but I convinced her that it was too much money to pay for something we could make so easily. 
As soon as we got back into town, I headed for the fabric store and purchased $5.00 worth of bleached burlap.  And for my $5.00, I made a table runner for Lisa, one for myself, a few small "table scarfs" and I still have enough left to make yet another. 



I presented Lisa's to her like this -- because this is how they had them packaged for sale at Pottery Barn.

I often see things and think I can make them myself -- but rarely are they as easy and this cheap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw your post about the table runner and had to comment on how blessed I am to have such a creative friend! Dave is thankful for the money you saved him. :)

Colette said...

Just doing my part to prevent you from spending all of Papa's money!