Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday, Avery Grace!


It's hard to believe that it's been six years since we were blessed with our first grandbaby - Avery Grace Krause, born on July 3, 2008.  I remember that day like it was yesterday -- we received a call early that morning that labor was being induced and within minutes we were in the car and racing for Hollywood; racing so that we could get there to wait.  But that wait was well worth it and I still cannot adequately describe the joy that she brings into our lives.  On that day, the trip from Bakersfield to Hollywood was transformed from a routine 2-hour drive to just a little hop, skip and jump over the mountain that I didn't think twice about making in order to spend time with this precious little gift. Thank goodness that little hop, skip and jump to see my grandbabies is now only  a few minutes down the road -- I am blessed! 
This young lady has such a sweet personality!  How do I describe her?  Loving, caring, kind, adventurous, artistic, and such a good big sister! 
Oh, how I love my little Ave -- Happy Birthday, sweetie!
(We're celebrating on Saturday with a Rapunzal Swim Party -- so there will be more to come.)

No comments: