Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Dinner -- for 96!

Last night we had our annual fundraising Valentine's Dinner for our High School Youth Group.  I have to say, last night's dinner seemed like it was the easiest one we've done yet.  It helped that Royce Fast and Bob Kopp cooked the meat for us -- took a lot of the commotion out of the kitchen and freed us up to work on everything else.  Guests were greeted by our smiling hostesses...
Then Ian welcomed everyone and prayed for the food...


The menu...
Shrimp Cocktail


(Somehow I missed out on the taste test -- can't believe it!) I love shrimp cocktail -- Connie Penner makes the sauce and it is wonderful! I even made a point of making sure we were preparing a few too many so that we would "have" to eat them -- boohoo, didn't happen.

Next was the salad...

Then came the main course -- New York Steak or Chicken with Champagne Sauce

I did get to sample this -- the steak was excellent, chicken was pretty tasty -- and Dennis Penner nailed the vegetables -- perfectly cooked!


And finally, dessert -- champagne cake



A great group of kids made for a great evening.

1 comment:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

My mom raved about every course! And since I've heard about this champagne cake twice now, I'm looking for any opportunity to make it! :)